What Is Included:
- 4 x 2 hour interactive virtual sessions
- Each session will include activities, group discussions, polling questions and Q&A’s
- Participants will be provided with action plans at the end of each session
- Facilitators will be readily available to guide participants on their journey to great leadership inside and outside of the classroom
- A DiSC® personality assessment inclusive of a 30 minute one-on-one coaching and results analysis
- A one-on-one coaching session post-program to reinforce your key lessons learned and personalize your action plan
- A certificate for completing the 4-part series
Given that a Leaders’ approach directly affects employee morale, teamwork, employee retention, customer relations and ultimately your bottom line, it is essential to be able to adapt to lead effectively in all environments. The way a Leader communicates virtually, or in-person, has a significant impact on the employees’ ability to be productive and clear on the expected results.
This session provides Leaders the opportunity to identify their strengths, areas of development and “blind spots” to become more effective in a variety of work environments, including the new hybrid workplace.
What You Will Learn:
- Assess your current Leadership approach and identify your strengths and
areas for development
- Learn how to flex your approach and adjust your focus to gain results
in a hybrid world
- Learn to develop a team sub-culture that fosters followership and a sense of belonging among your people
- Understand the elements of effectively communicating with your people in-person
All managers are faced with a dual responsibility of managing their own time, while supporting their employees to manage their time as well. This is a daunting task in a perfect world, but in a virtual environment, employees and Leaders are faced with even more barriers and distractions that will impact their ability to manage time, stay on task, and balance their countless priorities.
This is the time to learn how to work ‘smarter’, make the most of your limited time and initiate a more effective prioritization strategy. Through this session Leaders will acquire techniques to be effective and efficient in the new hybrid work environment.
A key skill of a Leader is the ability to successfully delegate to their staff to optimize their own time, be better equipped to meet the department/organizational goals and provide employee stretch opportunities to boost employee productivity and morale.
What You Will Learn:
- Develop skills to effectively balance multiple priorities, save time, reduce stress and manage distractions
- Assess your priorities based on how critical and urgent they are
- Learn how to gain control of your priorities so you are not “running ragged”
- Learn how and when to leverage various delegation approaches
As a Leader you are also a peace-keeper and facilitator of effective collaboration within your team, across interdependent departments, and between staff and external stakeholders. Identifying and addressing the warning signs of conflict can be difficult face-to-face, but this becomes even more challenging with the implementation of remote/hybrid working models.
In order to master conflict resolution, Leaders need to have the skills to guide the parties involved to resolve various types of conflict that may occur, in-person or online.
By developing and promoting an “abundance mindset” as well as proactively addressing the sources of conflict, Leaders can create a respectful and bias-free team culture which actively benefits everyone and celebrates a variety of perspectives.
A large part of conflict management is the ability to proactively conduct difficult conversations before a situation escalates into a conflict. How well we handle these “critical conversations” depends on accurately and fairly identifying the pattern of behaviour, why it doesn’t align with the company’s expectations and the impact it has on the relationship(s) if it continues.
What You Will Learn:
- Learn how to proactively identify and address the various types and sources of conflict in a virtual and in-office environment
- Acquire skills to manage conflict and facilitate a resolution with the goal of a Win-Win result for everyone
- Learn how to balance upholding a respectful relationship between the parties involved while achieving the desired outcome
- Learn your preferred conflict handling style, and how to flex to effectively navigate a variety of situations with people who have a different conflict management style
As we emerge into a new way of working it is imperative that Leaders adapt the way they recognize, utilize and build-on the strengths of their people. The role of a great Leader is to provide whatever it takes – goals, direction, training, support, and ongoing feedback, in order to empower their people to grow in their roles.
This session will focus on building effective feedback and coaching skills to provide the foundation for taking your people’s performance and productivity to the next level. This will in turn enable your organization to build a workplace culture in which remote and in-person team members feel connected, leveraged, engaged, and motivated to take on new challenges.
What You Will Learn:
- How to identify the root cause(s) of gaps in an employee’s performance and the best approach to coach them though those challenges virtually or in-person
- How to monitor the progress of your hybrid employees, ensure ongoing feedback and coaching support
- Understand the impact of ongoing coaching on an employee’s ability to be high performing and grow in their role
We have had a working relationship with MaxPeople for years, and have had success with their training programs in the past. We’ve recently had a large group of new hires into manager roles, and so chose to partner with MaxPeople to provide training on a number of topics regarding management of those people. The material covered was very thorough, the trainer engaged our group well in the sessions, even in this new virtual environment. We were left with worksheets and slide decks for the participants, and were referencing that material every couple of months to remind our staff about what they learned, ensuring the tools are used in their daily roles. The group from MaxPeople were great to work with, very thorough and professional in planning, organizing, and supporting our group through the training. The Zoom sessions were professionally run, with support in the moment if we ran into technical issues, or questions people had navigating the technology. The breakout rooms were also great for allowing more candid conversation. MaxPeople is a professional training service that provides a lot of great value.
We have developed a great professional relationship with MaxPeople. They contribute on the delivery of our webinars and education sessions at our annual National Conference and Trade Show. Their topics resonate well with Human Resources and Payroll Professional members at the Canadian Payroll Association and we continue to use them year over year. Their average speaker scores are 4.6 out of 5 and their speakers are extremely knowledgeable, dynamic and very engaging
MaxPeople has brought tremendous value to myself and my leadership team, from group support to interval coaching, to external resources. The company has provided highly strategic insight, full and actionable recommendations that enabled my leadership team to make immediate improvements in their leadership roles. Their facilitators are a pleasure to work with, and dynamic and engaging public speakers. I highly recommend MaxPeople to help drive your workforce to new heights. They have tremendously helped our organization to grow, and we continue to use their services as needed. When I need strategic human resources advice, and consultation including leadership professional development, MaxPeople is the first that comes to mind to give a call.
Julie and MaxPeople have been instrumental in supporting our organization as we invest in developing and growing our leadership team. MaxPeople is able to pinpoint the most impactful modules for the audience and create content that is unique, meaningful and thought-provoking. The delivery is engaging and participative, and I’ve received nothing but raving feedback from all participants about the program. We are looking forward to rolling out similar programs for up and coming groups in our organization.
I found the MaxPeople’s session on Communicating Effectively quite beneficial. The reasons why we often times I find it difficult to hold staff accountable, to engage them and make them feel like their roles here are more than just sitting here answering the phones. This session gave me the tools and insight on how to handle these situations. As a young manager I felt I needed something to give me the confidence to ensure everyone is doing what is required of them, but I needed to find a way to go about it properly, and Julie really gave me the procedures on how to do that. I felt like everyone in the session really learned something from listening skills, handling difficult conversations, managing time effectively, and becoming a leader. Julie was a great presenter and kept everyone engaged, she was great at keeping our team on track and keeping the session flowing.