The COVID-19 pandemic is forcing organizations across Canada to alter how they do business, from changing the way they work to shifting where they work. This unexpected change can be isolating and jarring for many employees. As a leader of your organization, the task to motivate and engage your employees during this challenging time may be daunting and overwhelming.
This virtual video series will equip new, existing and up-and-coming people leaders with the tangible skills they need to effectively lead their people through the best of times and during times of uncertainty. Topics will include how to be a great leader for your people, how to engage and motivate your people, as well as the importance of recognizing the right behaviours for the right reasons.
What Is Included:
- 3 interactive 60 minutes virtual sessions (held bi-weekly)
- Sessions will include activities, group discussions, polling questions and Q&A’s
- Participants will be provided with action plans at the end of each session
- Facilitators will be readily available to guide participants on their journey to great leadership inside and outside of the classroom
- Participants will receive a Certificate of Leadership for completing the 3-part virtual series
3-Part Virtual Video Series Bundle offered with a COVID-19 relief discount of 50% off our regular company webinar fees. This includes use of MaxPeople’s webinar technology and administration.
**Option available to purchase each session individually**
Session 1: Tailoring Your Leadership Approach
Great leaders understand that leadership is not “one-size-fits-all”. Each employee requires different types of support and guidance. It is important for leaders to take the time to get to know their people to recognize their likes, dislikes, drivers, and de-motivators. By promoting and role modeling self-awareness and emotional intelligence, leaders can establish a team sub-culture built on a foundation of openness and trust.
What You Will Learn:
- How to develop an understanding of your team through self-awareness and
- How to build a culture where employees feel free to communicate, and be themselves
- How to build an environment where your employees feel safe and trust their managers and
- Understand the importance of empowering your people to go above and beyond
- How to candidly discuss with employees their strengths and areas for development while having a “Growth Mindset”
Session 2: RE-Building Engagement
Ensuring your employees are engaged is essential during the best of times, but even more so during times of uncertainty and change. When times are tough, an employee can quickly transition through the engagement spectrum from engaged to disengaged which can greatly impact productivity and your bottom-line. This session will help people leaders discover the importance of keeping a pulse on happiness levels and provide them with practical tips on how to re-build employee engagement levels.
What You Will Learn:
- Understand the importance of keeping a pulse on your people through engagement surveys
- Common reasons employees become disengaged
- How to develop a sense of purpose through a shared goal and sense of belonging
- Understand the impact of setting your team up for success regardless of where they are working
- The effect that your own management skills can have on employees’ engagement
Session 3: Using Motivation and Recognition Effectively
When employees look to a leader, they not only look for guidance and support, but also for motivation and recognition. Effective leaders create a work environment in which employees feel important, appreciated and have a sense of purpose. Through this session, participants will understand that when employees feel motivated, they are likely to strive for new goals which they never thought possible.
What You Will Learn:
- The common factors that motivate and de-motivate your people
- Understand the impact of using “why” and “how” to motivate your people
- Discover the traits you need as a leader to motivate your people during challenging times
- Understand why and how to recognize the right people for the right behaviours
- The different types of recognition and examples of successful recognition
Check out what some of our clients have to say about working with the MaxPeople team:
Over the past 5 years, we have developed a great professional relationship with MaxPeople. They contribute on the delivery of our webinars and education sessions at our annual National Conference and Trade Show. Their topics resonate well with Human Resources and Payroll Professional members at the Canadian Payroll Association and we continue to use them year over year. Their average speaker scores are 4.6 out of 5 and their speakers are extremely knowledgeable, dynamic and very engaging
~ Canadian Payroll Association
Julie and MaxPeople have been instrumental in supporting our organization as we invest in developing and growing our leadership team. MaxPeople is able to pinpoint the most impactful modules for the audience and create content that is unique, meaningful and thought-provoking. The delivery is engaging and participative, and I’ve received nothing but raving feedback from all participants about the program. We are looking forward to rolling out similar programs for up and coming groups in our organization.
I found the MaxPeople’s session on Communicating Effectively quite beneficial. The reasons why we often times I find it difficult to hold staff accountable, to engage them and make them feel like their roles here are more than just sitting here answering the phones. This session gave me the tools and insight on how to handle these situations. As a young manager I felt I needed something to give me the confidence to ensure everyone is doing what is required of them, but I needed to find a way to go about it properly, and Julie really gave me the procedures on how to do that. I felt like everyone in the session really learned something from listening skills, handling difficult conversations, managing time effectively, and becoming a leader. Julie was a great presenter and kept everyone engaged, she was great at keeping our team on track and keeping the session flowing.
~ The Badminton and Racquet Club of Toronto
The MaxPeople facilitator was very engaging and informative. Our staff thought it was the best training session they’ve ever had in years. They were able to put their learning into perspective and apply their skills to their work experiences. We would highly recommend MaxPeople for any training that is required.