Mental Health Resources
An important topic that became even more prominent during the COVID-19 pandemic is Mental Health. More and more people are struggling to feel well through all of the uncertainty, change and disruption that the last year has induced. As employers, it is your duty to ensure the health and safety of your staff so we’ve put together a list of free resources that are available for your employees to use when they are not feeling 100%. Please remember that this is not a substitute for checking in on a personal level. A 10-minute conversation can go a long way to letting your employees know that you care and are there for them.
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) provides some useful tips to manage mental health during Covid-19: https://ontario.cmha.ca/news/tips-to-manage-mental-health-during-covid-19/
Ontario’s government has a free program called “BounceBack”, which offers online and virtual coaching support to those suffering with mild to moderate anxiety and depression symptoms: https://bouncebackontario.ca/
The Canadian Government Launched a program to support Canadians called “Wellness Together Canada”: https://ca.portal.gs
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) has some great resources: https://www.camh.ca/en/health-info/mental-health-and-covid-19
The Government of Ontario funded free therapy through Stronger Beacon: https://www.mindbeacon.com/strongerminds
ConnexOntario: 1-866 -531-2600 or www.connexontario.ca
Free and confidential health services information for people experiencing problems with alcohol and drugs, mental health and/or gambling. Available 24/7.
Crisis Services Canada: 1-833-456-4566
Suicide prevention and support.
Distress and Crisis Ontario: http://www.dcontario.org/
The Distress Centres across Ontario offer support to those feeling lonely, depressed, and/or suicidal. They are available 24/7 and their website also offers a chat function.
Free content related to Managing Stress through COVID:
CTRI (Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute) – https://ca.ctrinstitute.com/free-covid-19-resources/
Free webinar modules by CTRI and ACHIEVE:
- Mental Health and Resilience During COVID – https://ca.ctrinstitute.com/mental-health-and-resilience-during-covid-19/
- Supporting Children During COVID 19 – https://ca.ctrinstitute.com/covid-19-videos/supporting-children-during-covid-19/
- Working from Home during COVID – https://ca.ctrinstitute.com/working-from-home-during-covid-19/
- Managing Your Stress during COVID – https://ca.ctrinstitute.com/covid-19-videos/managing-your-stress-during-covid-19/
Free Audio exercises for Managing Stress and Anxiety offered through CTRI – https://ca.ctrinstitute.com/stress-reduction-exercises/
- Getting Grounded in the Present (3:46 min)
- Embodied Breathing (8:21 min)
- Audio activities for your children:
- Cocoa Breathing (3:03 min)
- Wiggle to Wind Time (3:18 min)
COVID 19 Printable Handouts – https://ca.ctrinstitute.com/covid-19-printable-handouts/
- Managing Anxiety and Fear
- Strategies for supporting Children
- Mindful Breathing Tips
- Healthy Habit Log