COVID-19 Government Benefits
The Government has extended the following COVID-19 Benefits:
- The Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB) and the Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB) are extended until May 7, 2022, and the maximum duration of the benefits have increased by 2 weeks. This extends the CRCB from 42 to 44 weeks and the CRSB from 4 to 6 weeks.
- The Worker Income Protection Benefit, which provides 3 paid sick days to employees who miss work for reasons related to COVID-19 (e.g., getting tested, self-isolating, and caring for a family member), is extended until July 31, 2022.
For more information on the CRSB please click here.
In addition the Government has approved the Canada Worker Lockdown Benefit (CWLB) which gives temporary income support to employed and self-employed individuals who are unable to work due to a COVID-19 lockdown.
- The CWLB is only available when a COVID-19 lockdown order is in effect in the region of the workplace.
- If eligible for the CWLB, an employee can receive $300 ($270 after taxes withheld) for each 1-week period.
- Applications are being accepted retroactively to October 24, 2021 and will continue until May 7, 2022.
For further information on the CWLB and eligibility requirements please click here.